By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A specialize in Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the maths schooling learn on how scholars boost their realizing of fraction innovations conveniently obtainable and comprehensible to pre- and in-service okay– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing vast annotated samples of pupil paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of lecture room academics’ stories, this e-book equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ considering in order to regulate their instructing and enhance scholar studying of fraction ideas. A specialise in Fractions 2d edition contains sections at the universal center country criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing review undertaking (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into each one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative evaluation reasons. This up-to-date variation assists academics in translating examine findings into their school room perform via conveying exact information regarding how scholars enhance fraction understandings. extra pictures and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced thoughts during this up-to-date and increased variation.
- Looking again Questions at the top of every bankruptcy supply academics the chance to research pupil pondering and look at tutorial suggestions for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links support academics relate techniques from the bankruptcy to their very own guidelines and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the educating of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line bargains large reasons of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven through the e-book in addition to a brand new stand by myself bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now on hand as a loose obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Best education policy books
This is often the booklet of the broadcast booklet and should now not comprise any media, site entry codes, or print vitamins which could come packaged with the certain e-book. via balancing examine assurance and thought with utilized perform, tune and circulate: a lifestyle for the younger baby, 7th Edition,gives the main complete and present therapy to the subject of track and circulate whereas encouraging lecturers not to basically motivate young ones to maneuver with track yet be encouraged themselves to affix our youngest musicians and dancers within the enjoyable.
Complicated Literacy Practices: From the medical institution to the study room contains salient information regarding medical literacy practices that move to different settings. From old views to innovative tutorial suggestions, this edited textual content comprises components of designing literacy clinics, types of analyzing and writing practices, technology-based guideline, and frameworks for assembly the various wishes of scholars.
Discover ways to Spell 500 phrases an afternoon is a booklet for kids and adults who can learn yet can't spell the phrases that they learn. it may be utilized by mom and dad or in faculties from the 4th grade and up, or through older teenagers and adults as a self-help booklet with no assistance from a instructor. every age are certain to learn how to learn and spell hundreds and hundreds of phrases at a time!
Instructing the humanities: Early formative years and first schooling bargains a accomplished and fascinating creation to Arts schooling in Australia and New Zealand. during this moment variation, every one bankruptcy encourages readers to have interaction with the humanities and offers scholars with possibilities to boost their knowing and useful abilities via reflective questions, examples and actions.
- Ethical Issues in Literacy Research
- Good Questions: Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards-Based Classroom
Additional info for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby